Art galleries are not affordable for everyone, not to mention the amount of time and effort that one has to invest in order to find the perfect one. Here enters Instagram; it’s easy, quick, just a few clicks away and free! Art doesn’t always need to be very structured and formal; it can be little dewdrops you see on wild weeds or a dandelion on your regular newspaper- and if one wants to see the beauty in daily things and share them instantly with her followers, Instagram is the place. Give a visit to the profiles of these 8 Instagram artists and find out how they are living their life; you have my assurance of finding them interesting.
- Evoca1: A Dominican artist based in Miami, Evoca1 is a self-taught urban artist/activist who beautifully amalgamates humanity and art. Check out his amazing graffiti and life-sized paintings on his Instagram wall and for more you can also follow sketchesformankind.com. Evoca1 is also the brand ambassador for @Liquitexofficial and @winsornewton_usa and he is doing some great work around.
- daleast: unique in every way imaginable, daleast’s work is avant-garde if you ask me. He uses dark base and bright edges to make his art look life-like; they seem to be jumping out of the canvas any moment now. I also find his creation to be very soothing and have a calming effect on me and I hope you feel the same.
- Daniel Arsham: architectural art isn’t a new thing but Daniel Arsham does more than that. His modern designs and contemporary outlook make it worth watching out for. Daniel wraps the most regular and basic things of your life in quirky foils and presents them to you in a way you may have never imagined before.
- Pixel Pancho: Robots meet art in Pixel Pancho’s creations. “Animal, Plant and Robot! Human kills them all” – with this tagline in his bio, the artist presents a blend of quirkiness and intricate detailing in his creations.
- Oleknyc: this conceptual crochet artist explores sensuality, feminism and the development of communication through colors. Check out her pink house which is a beautiful piece of crochet work and explore her unorthodox creations.
- Ryan McGinness: This man is wild. From his haircut experience to his deep dark secrets, he shares it all on Instagram. Typographical phrases and abstract pieces once dominated his work but this guy is pretty versatile; from acrylic maquette to porcelain and digital painting, Ryan explores it all. Take a peek at his journey and enjoy this artist’s madness!
- Michael Kagan: The painter is obsessed with outer space human efforts and portrays how rocket-science (don’t take it literally) affects human beings. Winner of the best Art Vinyl of 2013, Michael was commissioned to create three paintings for Smithsonian.
- Petra Collins: Petra Collins is an enigma to most people and hard to digest as well. This twenty-three year old has achieved a lot in much less a time (I feel ashamed of myself for being the lazy oaf I am!). Check out her brazenly feminist Instagram account and don’t blame me for not warning you; she might make you feel uneasy or intrigued-it depends on how you look at life.