Instagram may be a social platform that is a photo and video centric, but this does not mean that you cannot manage to create brand awareness on this platform. In fact, whichever social channel you choose to you, your efforts are as good as your creativity and you can really achieve anything that you want. The most important thing you can start with is to understand how Instagram works. Create a professional profile and sell your company on the bio every possible way.
It is also important that you understand how to navigate the app and all important features you can employ to your efforts in making your brand visible. It may be one of the most interesting social channels for people who love sharing their best moments but it can also be a powerful tool for your brand awareness strategy. If you still are not very sure of how you can use Instagram to your advantage, go through the simple tips listed below and you might just come up with the best plan to find your way around the channel.
- Ensure that all posts relate to your brand. If you are a business trying to make a name for yourself, resist the temptation of posting photos that you personally love and are not relevant to your line of business. Animals, fashion and food, maybe some of the most popular photos of the platform, but if they do not in any way relate to what you do, you will only manage to confuse your followers. You can of course use such photos in a creative manner that makes them relevant to the business, but otherwise you should avoid them as they only make your marketing look disjointed.
- Remember links do not work on captions. Linking is a very important tool to use in social media marketing. But like mentioned above, you need to know what works for the platform you have selected to take your marketing campaign. When it comes to Instagram, you will only manage to share working links on your profile and not on photo comments or captions so you are able to take users to your business website. You can change the default link on your bio so that it specifically directs the users to your desired page on your website. Do not forget to mention in your caption that they can find the link on the Instagram profile.
- Always remember to respond to comments by users – When you post photos on the platform, you will be expecting comments. When users actually comment, make sure that you respond so you interact and show that you are paying attention and value them too. Whether the comments are positive or negative ensure that you do not ignore, but instead respond in the most appropriate way possible. By making your followers and customers feel valued, you will be encouraging them to keep checking you out and interact with your pictures every time.
- Embed posts on your website. Instagram is a mobile app, but it has a desktop version and using this you are able to embed code so you can add specific videos or images to your official business website. Remember that not all users will first find you on Instagram; some will land your business website first and you will only make your Instagram presence known when you embed some Instagram posts on the website. It is a simple process, you need no help with. Simply click on ellipses button on the bottom right corner after selecting the photo or video you wish to embed and select Embed then follow the prompts to place it on the website area you want.
- Consider running promotions and giveaways once in a while. It is one of the simplest ways of involving your followers and customers in marketing your brand. You can have them repost images using custom hashtags in their profiles using custom hashtags to enter into the contest, sales or giveaways. When you make such promotions, interesting enough for your audiences, you will manage to drive considerable traffic to your profile thus extending your reach and improving your visibility.