Instagram is the numero uno platform for sharing your photographs with your friends and followers. It gives you a lot of options to customize your images and present them in a manner which you feel brings out the essence of the photographs. The number of followers and the number of likes vary from person to person depending on what kind of photographs he or she is posting and also on the fame enjoyed by that person. But there are the few tips which you can keep in mind if you want to increase the number of likes on your posts. Let us try to find out a few ways:
- Use appropriate hashtags: Hashtags are an important factor that helps increasing the number of views and eventually the number of likes in your photographs. Hashtags came into prominence with the popularity of Instagram when more and more people began to get more aware of the use of this technique. Not only can hashtags be added to define or describe the photograph and the emotions associated with it but you can also tag prominent pages and persons to get your photograps across to certain forums. Photographers use hashtags to tag along famous photography groups or journals so that they get a chance to get featured in those eminent pages if their photographs are up to the level desired. When your work gets featured in a popular forum, it would surely get viewed by a huge audience who would like to follow your previous and upcoming works. Hashtags help to increase the number of likes in a great way. You also get to see the most trending hashtags of the day. Using those hashtags would also help your photograph rise up the charts and be trending!
- Applying Filters: Do not overdo your editing and use extravagant editing options by combining more than one filter. The intrinsic nature and the spirit that the photograph carries should not lose its charm. If the filters are not used appropriately, then the photograph would not contain the required aesthetics and hence would not be viewed by many people.
- Sticking to a schedule: It is very important to keep the frequency of your posts in check. If you are someone who posts every day, then your audience would have that expectation. If the chain breaks, then your views and eventually the number of likes you get would take a beating. If your posting is irregular, then it will be very difficult for you to keep the rate of likes on the rise.
- Do not be boring: Do not be repetitive in the kind of photographs that you post. If you keep on posting the same kind of photograps like sunsets and sunrises, it would become boring for the audience. The audience always expects something innovative so if you cannot be comfortable in serving out new stuff, the views and likes would hamper. You should look at your feed at regular intervals to see if you are yourself getting bored in seeing the same kind of photographs. If that be the case, then it would be easier for you to figure out.
- Do not overdo the use of hashtags: Some people have the habit of bombarding their images with infinite number of hashtags. In most cases the hashtags used bear no relevance to the photograph or the context. Using whatever hashtag comes to your mind keeps the feeling that you are desperate for likes and hence are going berserk.
- Increase your interactions: You should care for the audience who are viewing your photographs and encouraging and motivating you to stride ahead. Try to respond to all the comments made if the count is a manageable one. If it is not then thanking your followers by posting a photograph with such a caption would be a great approach towards your audience.
- Taking good photographs: This is perhaps the most important of the lot and frankly it goes without saying. You have to know about the aesthetics of photography and what it takes to create a good photograph. If the content and perspective of the photographs are not of a higher quality, the number of likes would still be limited, no matter how hard you try.