You should protect your online reputation so that the credibility of the brand will not be tarnished. You can go through the tips offered by experts to protect your online reputation.
The following tips can be followed in this direction:
- The profile should be set to private on various social accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can find the option from the Settings in the profile section.
- If you find any fake profiles, they should be reported immediately. There is possibility for impersonation on various social media networks like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. As you fill the online form, the complaint can be raised very quickly. If there is any offensive online content, you should not join those groups. There is possibility of linking your profile with offensive groups. As your reputation will be damaged, you should not take risk. A well calculated approach should be implemented by not following risky groups.
- Friend request should be accepted from trustworthy people only. If there is an offensive user, you should not hesitate to block the user. Even though you manage a mutual friend through online contacts, you should not add the friend without knowing them offline. Some users might harass you or threaten you. It is possible to block such users without any issues. You should search for name, email address and username through various search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. If there are fake profiles or accounts, they can be traced very easily. In this process, you will get a better understanding about digital footprint.
- You should think twice before posting online content. Even though you remove from your website or blog, it will not be deleted from the server permanently. If you are not using online accounts, you are advised to delete or deactivate those accounts. If you are not using Bluetooth, it should be hidden or disabled. There are certain vulnerabilities in Bluetooth technology by which users might get access to the address book, images and content present in your phone. You should change the name of the device also so that others will not be able to identify you.
- The geotagging on the mobile phone should be disabled. When you add location data to photos and content, you will take risk. By going through the metadata, users might be able to trace the location where photo was captured. As child pornography is prohibited, you should not contain nude pictures of others who are under the age of 18. They should not be forwarded to others as well. There will be severe legal prosecution and you are liable for imprisonment as well.
Reputation management on social media
You should be able to maintain the reputation of your business by having active participation on the social media. You should refine your approach so that you will not take risk in disseminating unwanted information. The reputation of your business will have an impact on sales. Hence, you should take all possible steps to maintain the correct image and the negative opinion should be addressed in a professional way.
Even though you provide exceptional customer service, the reputation of your business should not be spoiled by offering negative reviews by few customers. Through the reputation management measures, you will nurture positive opinion about your business. You will ensure that honest reviews are highlighted so that users will get correct opinion.
The negative review will be read and responded in a professional way. When you engage highly skilled reputation management professionals, your business will move to the next level without any issues. There should be proactive solutions to address negative comments. If negative comments are raised, you should get an alert immediately. You should use automated tools so that the information will be conveyed very quickly.
The reviews should be monitored on daily basis and you should engage with customers in a very efficient way. As you manage positive reputation, there will be higher sales. By addressing issues in a very effective way, you will focus quality time on important issues. New strategies should be developed and implemented to deal with the reputation issues. Consumers will make an informed decision based on reviews. The reputation management will be done in the best possible way by engaging current customers as well as new customers.