Our second coolship season came to an end this week, and in total, we completed 12 coolship batches from mid-November to mid-March. The New Jersey weather remained in optimal range throughout the fall and winter and allowed us to brew some beers that are already tasting very promising.
Six of our batches were brewed with a traditional grist of 60% NJ malted barley and 40% single origin unmalted NJ wheat. These batches all followed a traditional turbid mash to create a wort rich in sugars and allow a long and slow fermentation period. We also did some experimenting this season. We brewed batches that followed our same mashing regimen, but included components like fresh hops, unmalted barley, honey, and Saaz pellets.
With all of our batches now resting in puncheons and undergoing different phases of fermentation, we’re excited and patiently waiting for these to be ready in a few years.
As a reminder, we will be open today (3/19) through Sunday (3/22) from 12pm - 5pm for can, bottle, keg, and crowler sales. If you are stopping by, we will be operating in front of the brewery. Below is the following inventory we will have available:
• Cans: Window Paine, Party Wave, Comet, Head High, Overhead, Sneakbox
• Bottles: Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik, Morning Bell,
Venegeful Heart, Bourbon Driftwood
• Kegs: Head High, Overhead, Sneakbox, Cloud Cover, Comet, Morning Bell
• Crowlers: Cloud Cover, Exposed Coast, Invisible Barrier
As always, we hope everyone is remaining safe and healthy and hope to see some of you soon.
In order to make our beers more accessible during these uncertain times and to help reduce the need to travel to the brewery, we have begun distributing more cans to retailers throughout the state. In addition to Head High, Overhead and Sneakbox, as of yesterday, we began sending Window Paine and Party Wave to all nine Wegmans locations across the state. All stores should have both by the end of day tomorrow. Please note these beers will also be available on-site at the brewery.
• Window Paine: A new 6.8% IPA brewed with pilsner, oats, and wheat malt and hopped with Sabro in the kettle and Sabro and Mosaic in the whirlpool. It was dry-hopped with Sabro, Mosaic, Vic Secret and Enigma.
• Party Wave: Our 7.4% IPA brewed with a blend of pilsner and golden promise base malt, oats and wheat. Party Wave is hopped in the kettle with Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic, and then dry-hopped with Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic.
The following Wegmans locations that will be receiving these additional beers by end of day today:
• Cherry Hill
We are also in the process of adding more beers to our other retail accounts in NJ and are planning to roll these out starting early next week. We will post an update as new beers become available in new locations.
Lastly, we wanted to thank our dedicated production, distribution and delivery team for all their hard work and making this possible. Thanks again for all the support and we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
The health and safety of our employees, guests, and community continues to be our priority during these challenging times. With that in mind, based on best practices for public safety and evolving guidance from state and federal government officials, we will be modifying our retail operations for the weekend.
We will be open from 12pm - 5pm starting this Thursday (3/19) through Sunday (3/22) for can, bottle, sixtel, and pre-filled crowler sales. We will continue to implement all of the best practices from last weekend:
• We will not be accepting cash, but will be taking both credit and electronic payment.
• We will not be filling growlers, but will have pre-filled crowlers for sale.
• Our team will be wearing gloves and will be sanitizing high-frequency surfaces regularly.
• We ask if you are at-risk or exhibiting any symptoms that you avoid visiting the brewery.
In addition to these measures, sales will take place out front of the brewery. By eliminating the need to enter the brewery, this should help create an easier and safer transaction.
As you all know, this is a fluid situation and we will continue to assess our plans as new information becomes available. Thank you again for all the support.
UPDATE: At the end of the day, we have a available Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik and a few cases of Port Omna conditioned on peppermint and cacao nibs.
We will be opening early today (3/14) at 10am with four Port Omna variants, our @MagnifyBrewing collaboration Imperial Stout, Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik, as well as a fresh run of Party Wave.
As a reminder, the brewery will not be pouring draft beer, offering tours, filling growlers brought in, or accepting cash this weekend. We will be offering crowler fills and can, bottle and merchandise sales.
Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik is a decadent Imperial Stout brewed with lactose and brownie, and then conditioned on cacao nibs, Madagascar vanilla beans and walnuts. Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik is an indulgent experience best enjoyed à la mode. 500mL | $16 a bottle |4 bottle limit.
Party Wave was brewed with a blend of pilsner and golden promise base malt, oats and wheat. It was hopped in the kettle with Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic, and then dry-hopped with Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic. $18 a 4-pack | 1 case limit.
Below are the following Port Omna variants we will be releasing:
• Port Omna conditioned on peanut butter, peanuts and cacao nibs. 9.6% ABV | $22 a 4-pack | Two 4-pack limit.
• Port Omna conditioned on peppermint and cacao nibs. 9.6% ABV | $20 a 4-pack | Half case limit.
• Port Omna conditioned on coconut and vanilla. 9.6% ABV | $22 a 4-pack | Two 4-pack limit.
• Port Omna blended with Bourbon and Maple Syrup Barrel-Aged Stouts. 11% ABV | $22 a 4-pack | Half case limit.
We will have available two additional Port Omna variants tomorrow (3/14) starting at 10am:
• Coconut and Vanilla Bean Imperial Milk Stout. Inspired by an old-fashioned coconut cream pie, the beer was conditioned on shredded organic coconut and Madagascar vanilla beans. The final finish is full of dominating coconut flavors that are supported by vanilla sweetness, and notes of chocolate and coffee. 9.6% ABV | $22 a 4-pack | Two 4-pack limit.
• Peanut Butter and Chocolate Imperial Milk Stout. Inspired by your favorite chocolate peanut butter cup, the stout was conditioned on peanuts, peanut butter, and a combination of Haitian, Ecuadorian and Ugandan cacao nibs. This variant is packed with rich flavors of chocolate and peanuts. 9.6% ABV | $22 a 4-pack | Two 4-pack limit.
Please note, that the limits on each variant are subject to change before open, or, as day goes on. We will be opening early at 10am for can, bottle and merchandise sales.
As a reminder, we will not be pouring any draft beer or offering tours this weekend. Please refer to our previous post for complete details.
UPDATE TO THIS WEEKEND’S RETAIL HOURS:
As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19, we have decided to take some extra precautions for this upcoming weekend. With the best interest of our employees, guests and community in mind, we will NOT be pouring any draft beer this weekend. However, we WILL remain open for cans, bottles, crowler and merchandise sales, as long as it is safe for our team and our guests. We are still planning to open at 10am this Saturday and can and bottle sales will take place through the back door in the courtyard behind the brewery. The rest of the weekend’s hours will remain the same.
We encourage everyone to follow the CDC’s guidelines to ensure we keep ourselves and those around us safe. In addition to our regular cleaning and sanitization practices, we will also be taking the following precautions:
• We will NOT be accepting cash, in order to reduce hand to hand contact. We will only be accepting credit and digital payments this weekend.
• We will NOT be filling growlers brought in by guest, but we WILL be filling one-time, recyclable 1L crowlers we have available.
• Since we are not pouring beer, we will not be offering tours or handing out tour sheets to our guests.
• Our staff will wear gloves and will be repeatedly cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and workspaces.
• We ask that you have your ID ready to present to our door staff upon arrival.
• We ask if you are at-risk or exhibiting any symptoms that you avoid visiting the brewery.
This is a fluid and fast-moving situation and we will assess next weekend’s retail plan early next week based on the best available information at that time. We are hopeful that these precautions will allow us to continue to operate in a way that is safe for both our customers and our team. Please stay tuned to our social media channels for any updates.
In celebration of St.Patrick’s Day next week, we will be releasing Port Omna variants Saturday (3/14) starting at 10am. Similar to last year, we brewed a version of Port Omna with an increased ABV of 9.6% to help support the adjuncts and increase the body. Below are two of the Port Omna variants we will be releasing:
• Imperial Milk Stout blended with Bourbon and Maple Syrup Barrel-Aged Stouts. In this 11% blend, the Imperial Milk Stout mellows the Barrel-Aged Stouts and creates subtle oak tones that are balanced by notes of sweet maple, chocolate and coffee. $22 a 4-pack | Half case limit.
• Chocolate Peppermint Imperial Milk Stout. Inspired by the classic chocolate peppermint candies, we conditioned the stout on a generous amount of peppermint and a combination of Dominican, Haitian and Ugandan cacao nibs. The result is a decadent yet balanced beer with rich chocolate notes and a bright mint finish. $20 a 4-pack | Half case limit.
Please note, that the limits on each variant are subject to change before open, or, as day goes on. We will be opening early at 10am for can, bottle and merchandise sales. We will then open at noon that day for our normally scheduled tour and tasting room hours.
Keep an eye out for an additional Port Omna release announcement later in the week – cheers!
We’ll be at @cigarcitybrewing annual Hunahpu’s Day this weekend in Tampa, FL. We’ll be pouring Barrel-Aged Saturday Night Lights, Barrel-Aged Sunday Brunch, Lunchbox Hero and A Night to End All Dawns: peanut butter, banana and granola. We hope to see some of you there!
This Saturday (3/14) we will be releasing Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik, a brownie à la mode-inspired Imperial Stout brewed in collaboration with our friends over at @MagnifyBrewing. We began with a complex malt bill that was balanced by lactose added to the kettle. We then used a large amount of brownie batter for rich fudge chocolate flavors. The beer was then conditioned on a thoughtful amount of cacao nibs, Madagascar vanilla beans and walnuts for a robust yet well-balanced finish. Brownie Sugar Adjunct Magik is an indulgent experience best enjoyed à la mode. 10% ABV | 500mL | $16 a bottle | 4 bottle limit.
Please note, the brewery will be open at 10am on Saturday (3/14) for can, bottle and merchandise sales. The brewery will then open at 12pm for normally scheduled tour and tasting room hours.
We are open today (3/7) for tours and tastings from 12pm – 7pm. We will be releasing a new 7.6% single-hop Imperial IPA, Comet. Comet was brewed with two-row base malt and malted and flaked wheat. It was then hopped and dry-hopped exclusively with Comet. The Comet hop is known for its strong grapefruit and citrus notes as well as its prominent resin characteristic. $18 a 4-pack | 1 case limit.
A few beers on tap today include Head High 2,000 Batch, Morning Mocha and Morning Bean. We have cans of Port Omna and our core beers, and bottles of Morning Bell, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Driftwood and Vengeful Heart. Check out kanebrewing.com for our full tap, bottle and can availability.
We've added 14 new retailers to the list of stores that now carry our three core beers, Head High, Overhead and Sneakbox. You can find our core beers in the refrigerated section of the following stores:
• Bottles by Sickles, Red Bank
• Bottle King, Middletown
• Bottle King, Princeton
• Bottle King, Dumont
• Bottle King, East Windsor
• Bottle King, Hillsborough
• Bottle King, Hillsdale
• CoolVines, Jersey City
• CoolVines, Newark
• CoolVines, Powerhouse
• Shoprite Wines & Spirits, Little Falls
• Super Buy Rite, Holmdel
The following retailers will be receiving their shipment Monday (3/9):
• Shoprite Wines & Spirits, Chester
• Bottle King, Morris Plains
Check our website for a complete list of the current retailers that carry our cans -- cheers!